What’s interesting about Rivet Networks: overview of key products
Intel is expanding its presence in the marketplace, capturing new directions. The acquisition of Rivet Networks was another milestone in the development of a computer and electronics component manufacturer. The latter manufactures network controllers.
Rivet Networks became known primarily for its line of adapters for gaming PCs – Killer. The company has been on the market for more than 10 years, and during this time it has managed to prove the reliability and quality of its products. It specializes in network protocols and drivers, which can optimize traffic and speed up all processes in automatic mode without any effort on the part of the user.
For its adapters, Rivet Networks uses innovative technologies, including:
- Killer Control Center – a special application that creates a visualization of network traffic and serves as a shell for other useful functions;
- Killer Intelligence Engine – optimizes client connection to the system from access points using different metrics. In addition, the technology monitors which Wi-Fi standard will provide the best performance to reduce broadcast latency and increase broadcast speed;
- Killer Wireless xTend. The technology allows you to use your PC as an access point to improve and increase indoor Wi-Fi coverage;
- Killer Prioritization Engine improves traffic quality, reduces network latency;
- Killer DoubleShot Pro allows both wired and wireless connections to be used simultaneously for prioritization. For the most important applications, the technology uses the fastest network interface.
The purchase of Rivet Networks will provide Intel with the opportunity to introduce its products to the gaming PC segment. It should be noted that for a long time the companies have been competing with each other in the production of network controllers. Several years ago they joined forces to develop and produce a network adapter Killer Wireless-AC 1550.
According to Intel, it will include the Rivet Networks Killer brand with all its technologies and software. Killer employees will be part of the Wireless Solutions Group. However, Intel reserves the right to license Killer Series software to other companies.
Intel has a wide range of products that includes PC components, data center equipment, Artificial Intelligence chips and Internet of Things. The main office is located in California. The company was founded in 1968 by three developers who worked together at Fairchild Semiconductor. The starting credit of the new firm was $2.5 million. Originally, the company specialized in semiconductor memory development. Now Intel is the largest manufacturer of microprocessors and has a 75% share in this market.